November and December 2008 Issue
Issues » November and December 2008
- Cliffhangers: Douglas House 2009.05.04 The Douglas House, north of Harbor Springs, is one of the area’s most well-known cliffhangers.
- Cliffhangers: Leap of Faith 2009.05.04 When Fred Hackl suffered a heart attack several years ago, he and his wife Marita were in the midst of designing their home north of Harbor on a rugged piece of land with a steep back drop-off and wildly varying topography.
- Cliffhangers: Zeigler Family Home 2009.05.04 The engineering that goes into the precariously perched homes around Northern Michigan, on some of the state’s most dramatic terrain, is a delicate dance of code, stability, elegance and style.
- Holiday Cocktails 2009.05.04 There are a few holiday-time staples to stock in the bar for merry-making with friends during the year’s most festive months.
- Raising the Bar 2009.05.04 In Mike and Ralph Stowe’s Lake Charlevoix home, the lower-level entertainment area is hands down one of the most unique, bar none.
- Ron Sekulski, Table Designer 2009.05.04 We went to the house of Ron Sekulski - artist, furniture engineer, former arts college executive - to showcase his exquisite, hand-carved leaf tables.
- Setting a Wow Table 2009.05.04 Sometimes, all that’s needed is a little inspiration for a memorable dining affair. Following are a few “why didn’t I think of that” ideas for dressing up the dining room.
- Sophisticated Tastes for the Holidays 2009.05.04 Christmas is indeed about making memories, particularly for children who carry the sights, smells and tastes of that day with them into adulthood.
- Autumn Landscaping Ideas 2009.05.01 Achieving the right mix of seasonal outdoor décor takes an artist’s eye for detail and a professional’s knowledge of the appropriate natural items.
- Panoramic Panache 2009.05.01 Suzy Engle was just a youngster when she first set foot on the ridge atop her parents’ 45-acre parcel east of Petoskey.
- Tumbling Down 2009.05.01 Over the next six or so months, HomeLife will be following and photographing the renovation of the Crotty cottage, which began in mid-September with demolition and is scheduled for completion by early May.
- Product Guide: Let It Snow 2009.05.01 Secretly, we all love snow or we probably wouldn’t live in Northern Michigan.
- A Note from the Editor 2009.05.01 A note from the editor, November - December 2008